How to make granola for weight loss? When we talk about weight loss, healthy eating is key. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor and pleasure. Granola can be an extraordinary addition to your weight-loss journey if made mindfully.
Store-bought granolas are often full of sugar and unhealthy fats, but worry not! In this blog, we will learn how to make delicious and nutritious homemade granola that will keep up with your weight loss goals while keeping your taste buds excited.
How to make Granola for Weight Loss?
Let’s come to the Point! Here’s my Recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own weight-loss-friendly granola:
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten-free, if required)
- 1/2 cup raw nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts, or cashews)
- 1/2 cup seeds (e.g., pumpkin, sunflower, or chia seeds)
- 1/2 cup dried fruits (e.g., cranberries, apricots, or raisins)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or home made butter)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (adjust to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt(Optional)
Step by step, Granola’s Delightfulness
- Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C) and prepare a baking tray with butter paper.
- Combine Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Mix well and distribute evenly.
- Add Wet Ingredients: In a bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Coat the Mixture: Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until everything is well coated.
- Pour the wet mixture: Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly, ensuring all the dry ingredients are well coated.
- Spread the mixture: Spread the Mixture evenly onto the baking tray. Press it down slightly with a spatula to encourage clumping.
- Bake:Now bake it in a preheated oven for 20–25 minutes. Don’t forget to check it in between until it is golden brown.
- Remove the granola: Now Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely on the baking tray. As it cools, it will become crunchier.
- Add Dried Fruits:Once cooled, add the dried fruits to the granola and mix well.
- Store:Transfer the homemade granola to an airtight container, and store it in a cool, dry place.
It May Help: Explore 7 Super Ingredients
Serve to Enjoy
After knowing How to make Granola for Weight Loss?Enjoy your homemade granola for weight loss in many interesting ways to keep interest and consistency in your weight loss journey:
- As a Breakfast Cereal: Serve your granola with low-fat milk, almond milk, or Greek yogurt. Add fresh fruits like berries or sliced bananas for an extra dose of nutrition.
- Healthy Snack: Portion out small servings of granola in ziplock bags or snack containers. It makes for a convenient and satisfying snack on the go.
- Smoothie Bowl Topping: Sprinkle some granola over your favorite smoothie bowl for a crunchy and nutritious topping.
Does Granola belly fat?
Granola for weight loss is a great idea because it contains fibre and protein. These two nutrients are essential when you are talking about weight loss. Fibre, especially soluble fibre, which granola has enough of, helps you to lose belly fat and prevent the gain of belly fat.
Is granola a junk food?
Granola is a nutritious, filling cereal. However, many varieties are high in calories and packed with excess sugar, which can harm your health. Be sure to carefully read labels, choosing products with whole ingredients — like raisins, seeds, and nuts — that are high in protein and fiber.
Is granola high in Calories?
The good thing about granola is it’s customizable. You can make it as per your choice and the game will be in your hand. You can easily skip calories by avoiding sugars and refined oils.But packaged granola can be high in calories you should carefully read the labels.