Best Keto Friendly Granola for persons following the ketogenic diet, finding satisfying and delicious food can be difficult, especially when you aim to lose weight.
But worry not! I have the perfect solution for your best keto friendly granola. In this blog, we’ll explore the benefits of including keto granola into your diet, its key ingredients, and a simple and mouthwatering recipe to keep your taste buds and your body in ketosis.
It May Help: Is Granola Good for Weight Loss?
The Keto Diet and Granola
The keto diet, is a low-carb, high-fat diet that has gained popularity for its potential to promote weight loss, improve metabolic health, and increase mental focus.
The main aim of this diet is to enter a state of ketosis, where your body switches from using glucose as its primary fuel source to burning fat for energy.
Best Keto Friendly Granola: The Key Ingredients
Best Keto granola friendly swaps out high-carb ingredients like oats, honey, and dried fruits for low-carb alternatives, resulting in a delightful and crunchy treat that complements your keto lifestyle. Here are the key ingredients you’ll find in keto-friendly granola:
- Nuts and Seeds: Loaded with healthy fats and protein, nuts and seeds are the base of keto granola. Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds are excellent choices.
- Coconut Flakes: Unsweetened coconut flakes add a twist to your granola while providing important nutrients and natural sweetness.
- Sweeteners: Instead of using sugar or honey, keto granola includes substitutes like stevia, sweetener to add a touch of sweetness without raising blood sugar levels.
- Healthy Oils: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the least processed variety and is often considered to be the healthiest type of olive oil.
- Flavorful Spices: Cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt enhance the flavor profile of keto granola without adding unnecessary carbs.
It May Help: How to Make Granola for Weight Loss?
A Simple Best Keto Friendly Granola Recipe
Let’s get to the exciting part – making your own keto friendly granola at home. This recipe will leave you with a batch of healthiest granola that you can enjoy guilt free.
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup berries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup stevia or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon(Optional)
- Pinch of salt(Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a baking tray with butter paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almonds, walnuts, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and keto sweetener and combine well.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients in the large bowl. Stir thoroughly, ensuring all the nuts and seeds are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray. Press it down slightly with a spatula to form clusters.
- Bake the granola in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Stir gently halfway through the baking time to ensure even cooking.
- Once baked, remove the granola from the oven and allow it to cool completely on the baking tray. It will become crispier as it cools.
- Transfer the keto granola to an airtight container, and store it in a cool, dry place.
- Add berries before serving.
Your best keto friendly granola is now ready to enjoy! Here are some yummy serving suggestions:
- With Greek Yogurt:Serve your keto granola with sugar-free Greek yogurt and a handful of fresh berries for a delightful and nutritious meal.
- Nut Milk Cereal: Pour some unsweetened almond or coconut milk over your granola for a classic cereal experience without the carbs. Snack: Portion out small servings of your granola into snack-sized bags for a quick and crunchy keto snack whenever hunger calls.
- Snack:You can make small batches of it and keep them in your car or hand bag to enjoy it as a on the go snack.
Here is another easiest video for best keto friendly granola that may help you make your keto-friendly at home.
Are Oats Keto Friendly?
As ketosis is High Fats Low Carbs diet so oats will not be a good option in it. Oats are a part of the whole grain family but they have carbs in them. And carbs in the Keto diet will kick you out of ketosis.
Can I have yogurt on keto the diet?
Yogurt is suitable for keto diet.But watch portion size and have unsweetened plain yogurt.